What to Do if You Are Being Abused and Harassed

San Jose Collection Abuse Lawyer

First, you can ask them to stop- some debt collectors will respect your wishes. Second, you can also send them a cease and desist letter. Third, filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, State Attorney General's Office or Better Business Bureau, will usually get the debt collector's attention, however, these agencies are sometimes overwhelmed with the number of complaints they receive about debt collectors who violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

A more direct and efficient way of dealing with creditors or debt collectors is to report the collection abuse to a consumer protection attorney. An experienced attorney can help you better understand your rights as well as get the creditors off your back. If you can prove the violations then the attorney will also speak with you about potentially brining a lawsuit against the debt collector.

If you are being abused or harassed by creditors or debt collection agencies there are some things you can do to better protect yourself. It is important that you save all letters, voice mails, hand written notes, telephone bills, etc. Many times it is this evidence that will help you prove and your attorney prove what happened.

Collection Abuse Lawyer in San Jose

Wilcox Law Firm, P.C. has more than 20 years of experience in helping consumers. Our law only represents consumers, we do not represent creditors or debt collectors. If you are being abused or harassed by a creditor or collection agency contact a San Jose Collection Abuse Attorney right away for IMMEDIATE legal help.